Monday, 15 April 2013

Day 2 Monday 15th April 2013

Day 2 Monday 15th April
Really glad that I started this challenge on a Sunday. I normally have a Chinese takeaway and a few amarettos on a Sunday night - ending up going to bed a tipsy and a bit full...but instead today I woke up feeling refreshed. It also means I know I get through next weekend.

08:30 - Meal 1 Breakfast Eggs
3 Medium Free Range Eggs, 75g Button Mushrooms, 160g Cherry Tomatoes, 150g Asparagus (click for recipe)

Originally planned to have baby spinach for breakfast but I really asparagus yesterday, so I went out this morning to a supermarket to get some. Breakfast takes about 30 minutes to prep, cook, eat and wash up so I will need to get up earlier than before when I return to work.

10:00 - Training Bodypump 
A good class this morning. Back to work on Wednesday so I will only be able to train in the evenings. Enjoying Bodypump 85 but feel I could have pushed myself more on the new step jumps in track 7.

10kg Warm Up, 32kg Squats, 20kg Chest, 22kg Back, 20g Triceps with 5kg Plate Overhead Extension, 10kg Biceps, 17kg Lunges, 17kg Shoulders with 2.5kg Plate, 5kg Plate Abdominals

11:20 - Meal 2 Protein Shake
35kg Diet Vanilla Protein Powder, 9g Greens Plus Berry Burst Powder, 10g Linwoods Milled Flaxseed, 200ml Alpro Unsweetened Almond Milk

I have protein shakes normally for breakfast but with about 80g Frozen berries. Felt very proud of myself  not including the fruit. Greens Plus is packed with vitamins and minerals but it is an acquired taste.

13:30 - Meal 3 Pork Stir Fry
150g Pork Loin Medallions, 160g Peppers, 60g Tenderstem Broccoli Tips, 80g Baby Courgettes, 45g Mangetout, Splash Tamari Soy Sauce

Really quick meal to prepare and eat with lots of flavour. I had 22g cashews nuts after.

16:00 - Meal 4 Hot Chicken Salad
160g Chicken Breast (Peri Peri Seasoning), 160g Peppers, 160g Cherry Tomatoes, 40g Baby Spinach

Cooked this last night when I cooked dinner so I just had to pop it into the microwave. Very quick and easy.

18:00 - Training Bodypump and Bodystep
Second Bodypump class of the day and a new Bodystep mix.

10kg Warm Up, 32kg Squats, 22kg Chest, 22-30kg Back, 20g Triceps with 5kg Plate Overhead Extension, 10kg Biceps, 17kg Lunges, 17kg Shoulders with 2.5kg Plate, 5kg Plate Abdominals



20:20 - Meal 5 Protein Shake
70kg Diet Vanilla Protein Powder, 9g Greens Plus Berry Burst Powder, 10g Linwoods Milled Flaxseed, 200ml Alpro Unsweetened Almond Milk

This is the first time that I have not cooked a meal for dinner after training. Les Mills 21 Day Challenge guidelines say to have protein powder immediately after training and that this counts as one of your meals. They also say not to less than two hours before bed. This means my protein shake is my final meal of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment